This is where you will find entertainment and nothing else. If you are bored, this is where you should visit. Dont Forget to BooKmark This Site to visit everyday.

Support OUR Cause

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A. Chandra Sen-babu's letter to the Railway Department



A Chandra Sen wrote this letter to the Sahibganj divisional railway
office in 1909. It is on display at the Railway Museum in New Delhi. It was
also reproduced under the caption *Travelers' Tales*" in the Far Eastern
Economic Review.


"I am arrive by passenger train Ahmedpur station and my belly is too much
swelling with jackfruit. I am therefore went to privy. Just I doing the
nuisance that guard making whistle blow for train to go off and I am running
with lotah in one hand and dhoti in the next when I am fall over and expose
all my shocking to man and female women on platform. I am got leaved at
Ahmedpur station.


This too much bad, if passenger go to make dung that dam guard not wait
train five minutes for him. I am therefore pray your honor to make big fine
on that guard for public sake. Otherwise I am making big report to papers."


Any guesses why this letter was of historic
value?...... ......... ......... .......

It apparently led to introduction of
toilets in trains.

 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
The Man who has never been tired of enjoying the wonders of the world. Beauty, Technology and Love Powers his actions.

HiT LiST